Please sign in to post.

Place to Stay in Amsterdam

I part of a group of 4 staying in Amsterdam post a RS Scandanavia tour. We will be there mid July for 4 and 5 nights. We are two couples who want separate rooms. I have been looking at Airbnb but are considering a small boutique hotel, B&B, or any hotel RS tour uses in Amsterdam. Looking in Canalside area, West, Southwest.

Thanks in Advance for your suggestion.

Posted by
2130 posts

Hi Mark, we stayed at the Hotel Fita in October and highly recommend it. Great location near the museums. Large, clean rooms, and a helpful staff. Check it out!

Posted by
11159 posts

The Central Csnal Ring is lovely, what you imagine Amsterdam looks like. Hotel L'Ambassade is located there.

Posted by
4156 posts

You might consider the Herengracht 21 Bed and Breakfast. You can go directly to their website to see their rooms and book. Loes will get back to you very quickly.

They're also listed on Booking.com, but it shows that rooms aren't available that far ahead. You can see the reviews there though. They're excellent.

It's close to the train station. There are only 2 rooms. I'm staying there in the Canal Room both before and after the RS Best of Scandinavia tour that starts on 10 June.

Posted by
106 posts

it may be more expensive than you would prefer; but, the Pulitzer was fantastic. Great room. Great location. Great restaurant. You should at least walk through the hotel and look at the mural inside the breakfast area restaurant. It is only a couple blocks from the Anne Frank House and walking distance to everything else noteworthy in Amsterdam. We walked to a different area of town every night for dinner and especially liked the Joordan area not far from the Pulitzer....many quaint restaurants in that area.

Posted by
116 posts

I wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions and helpful information on where to stay. We have decided on a Houseboat which happens to be located across the river from the Anne Frank House. Looking forward to a wonderful stay in Amsterdam.

There are many hotels in southwest area of Amsterdam but the hotel Espresso and Hotel Alexander are the most affordable and full of features. I think my suggestion works for you. Thanks.