Please sign in to post.

Day trip to Montenegro

I'm looking for a reputable and good company to book an all day excursion from Dubrovnik to Montenegro after my RS Best of Adriatic tour. Would like to see Kotor and Lady of the Rock, perhaps Budva. Will be there end of May 2024. I know there have been earlier posts about this but they or a couple years old so wondering if anyone has a more current recommendation. Thanks. Debra

Posted by
4085 posts

See my answer on your other post. Dijana can arrange a driver for all of this. I would suggest connecting the two into one trip with an overnight along the way, as opposed to two day trips.

Posted by
20 posts

Thank you. How do you know this person? Are they with a known company? Did you use her services?

Posted by
4085 posts

I did use her. She normally does bigger trips than yours - last summer, due to my late destination change and time constraints, she planned 4 weeks of solo travel (interspersed with drivers and guides for a day) for me to Montenegro and Bosnia. A couple of other people on the forum have used her as well. I really like my independent travel, but it worked better for me this time to use Dijana.

And since you are planning 2 day trips with a driver/guide (not the same thing), I think you would see more by combining them into one two-day trip with an overnight, as opposed to driving back to Dubrovnik each day.

Edit: we set up a zoom call for her to get an idea of what I wanted and how I like to travel and specific places I knew I wanted to see. She then made suggestions and arranged it all.

Posted by
17927 posts

And I've used her (4 day trip, planning and guides and transportation), and I hooked my business partner up with her about 18 months ago (about 2 weeks) from Montenegro to Bosnis to Croatia. All excellent results.

Posted by
17927 posts

After Dubrovnik, I would make Kotor the last of your goals to reach. But there is an interesting prosciutto curing house and restaurant about 20 minutes above Kotor.

Posted by
14 posts

Hi - we did a day trip to Montenegro summer 2023 with a tour from Dubrovnik. We had a tour guide named Darko who we would highly recommend. We also went to Tivat after Kotor. I can send you his contact if you're interested.