Please sign in to post.

Winter Olympics 2026

I’ve always dreamed of attending a Winter Olympics and 2026 will be the year. Anyone attended an Olympics before and have advice? Buy a package versus try to put it together myself? Reputable websites? Other recommendations or insights? It will be me and my wife as our kids will both be in college then. Thanks! - Brandon

Posted by
652 posts

I live in Vancouver and was here for our 2010 Winter Olympics. I think the biggest challenge can be the cost of high profile events. I attended a few events but they were in the ‘preliminary round’ category so more affordable. Like Paris (and other host cities), there was lots of grumbling by locals beforehand. But it actually went very well and our city’s downtown area became an excited family friendly zone everyday and evening. One of the highlights for me was to see and handle the medals; access was set up for it through the Canadian Mint. There were long lineups but it was totally worth it. It does help that the Winter Olympics has fewer events and participating countries compared to the Summer and that can make it all a bit more accessible. Happy planning!