Please sign in to post.

Wineries near Florence

Hi! We are going to be in Florence mid-September and would like to visit a winery for a tasting and lunch/dinner. Are there any particular wineries that you would recommend? Thanks!

Posted by
2107 posts

Will you be taking a day trip tour? Public transportation will limit your choices. Hopefully others who have taken tours will give your recommendations.

Having said that, we used Castillo di Verrazzano as our home base for our 10 days in Tuscany. They offer either a lunch or dinner tour and meal. We did the lunch tour and food and wine tasting as well as eating dinner there one night. Both meals were amazing! Be prepared to do a true Italian meal. Clear your schedule. Our tour started at 11:00 and ended at 12:30, with lunch starting at 1:00. We took our time and it was after 3:00 before we finished!

Posted by
3 posts

We would be looking for a tour. I was at Verrazzano the last time I was in Tuscany. It was fabulous! Thanks!

Posted by
1580 posts

Pam - I was looking at some wine tours from Florence and they are quite expensive. May I suggest to hire a private driver as an alternative to take you to wineries near Florence and you will have the opportunity to tailor your own itinerary and the number of hours you want to pay for. Here is a link to a private drive in Florence. The driver's name is Francesco. See what kind of packages he can offer you.

https://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-car-rental/tuscany-wine-and-drive.html

Posted by
2299 posts

hey hey pammoore.59
had a giggle moment seeing your name, have a news reporter here in bay area by that name. is that you?
we did a wine tuscany tour with private tour guide of siena, SG, one winery. was not that impressed. was $375 for 4 of us, lots of seating in van driving around which was 3 years ago. seems every year prices go up, with so many people traveling everywhere and anywhere. september is still considered high season, it's harvest season for grapes in the vineyards, research discovertuscany.com events calendar for month of september or ask host/hostess or tourism office in city center what's going on.
tripsavvy.com/florence-events-in september
frattoriaaldotto.it click english. family owned winery, bus or taxi to place, near lucca
in the town of collodi is pinocchio's hometown. there is the park, garzoni gardens and butterfly house (visit tuscany.com/destinations/collodi) off the beaten track away from the crowds.
i also like to walk thru the different markets and what's available in them.
come&seeitaly.com
tuscan-wine-tours.com
eatwith.com has different activities available, cooking classes, tours, lunch or dinner in a locals house.
hope this gives you some other options to check out. enjoy and have a great time.
aloha