Please sign in to post.

Wineries

We will be traveling to Italy in April for just over three weeks. While we have been to Italy before, we have not done any winery tours. Our itinerary will include stays in Alba, Florence, and Orvieto. Does anyone have any favorite wineries and tasting rooms in those areas. We will have a car so access is not an issue.

Thank you!
Charlene

Posted by
11301 posts

I can recommend a couple near Montalcino, if you want to venture that far. Ventolaio is an absolute favorite of ours, and La Regnaie is nearby. Ventolaio is a family operation and only Italian is spoken. You have to call or email to make arrangements for a tasting, but it is an authentic and lovely experience that can be manage despite language limitations.

Posted by
257 posts

There is a winery that is just below the town of Orvieto and is run by one of Rick's tour guides. We went there on Rick's Village Italy Trip and had a great time. She only allows visitors with reservations ahead of time. And for the life of me I can't remember the name but I'm sure somebody on here will remember and chime in with it.

Posted by
21 posts

Thank you! Laurel and Dan. They look like great suggestions. I appreciate the website link to contact the winery, Dan!