Please sign in to post.

Wine Tours from Siena

We're planning to be in Siena for four or five days in September and hope to visit at at least Montalcino to taste the wines and perhaps enjoy a meal. Most wine tours seem to run in excess of 125€ per person, which seems a bit pricey for us. Rick mentions Enocuriosi in his 2011 Italy book and that tourer is listing fees of 38€ and 60€ (bus vs mini-van with an 8 person limit and pick up at one's accomodations) and these fit much better within our budget. A Fodors poster reported that Enocuriosi might not necessarily provide tours where an insufficient number of persons had signed up. Has anyone here had experience with the Enocuriosi wine tours from Siena and/or can suggest alternatives that might be a bit less costly than the 125€ + tours I've found so far on the web?

Posted by
153 posts

We did a 100 euro tour with winetourintuscany, we found it to be worthwhile as she really catered to what we wanted to see, from the towns to also two wineries (one for a tour, one for a great lunch) to a cheese tasting. That said, I can see how it can be difficult to fit in one's budget. We also visited Montalcino but without a guide. You can catch a bus from the Siena train station on TRA-IN and that will take you there in about 45-60 minutes. We stayed in town and tasted several different wineries wares. If you wanted to do a tour, you would have to leave town a bit. The same busses had routes to other towns too, the ones I remember being in Chianti (but others surely exist)