Please sign in to post.

Wine tours from Siena

In Siena for three days. Want to do some kind of wine tour. The Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano sounds good but such a long day. If someone can tell me it is great and worth it, I might go but hate to spend a whole day on a bus if it is not worth it.

Posted by
972 posts

Check out www.antonellapiredda.com. I haven't done Antonella's wine tour, but I have done a private walking tour with her in Siena, and she was very knowledgable and great fun to be with. (It won't be a whole day on a bus!)

Posted by
353 posts

I think it's worth it, especially if you like wine. There's a local guide in Siena named Roberto Bechi who does excellent group or private tours. You might consider checking him out - www.toursbyroberto.com

Posted by
3 posts

We used Franco Fadda for a wine tour from outside of Siena. He was amazing! We picked us up at our villa and we went to several wineries in the Chianti region. I highly recommend him! He was personable, knowledgable and fun! He took us to a very small village for a fantastic lunch. It was a bit pricey (cant remember exactly how much but around 100E each) but worth every penny. He even took us for a pit stop at a local grocery store when we mentioned we needed to pick up things to make dinner. Along with his wine knowledge we also learned about the local olive oils, complete with tastings. francofadda