Please sign in to post.

Wine Tours

Will be in Italy July 31-August 12. Planning to visit Rome, Florence, Venice and Amalfi Coast areas. Looking for wine tasting/ tours. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

Posted by
26 posts

We had great fun on a Chianti region wine tour by Rick's recommended Tours by Roberto (look in Siena section of Italy book). Ana does the wine tours and can pick you up in Florence. Was 90 euro pp. Small group of 8 people max in a van.

Posted by
203 posts

Debra, I have booked but have not done this tour, yet. I did research the company, read many reviews and did email a few of those who posted their review on Tripadvisor. Based on their glowing responses I am going to give it a try. Here is the link http://www.italy.artviva.com/tours/13/best_of_tuscany Wine tasting is part of the tour but it is not solely a wine tour, if that is what you are looking for. I chose it because my time in Florence is limited and thought this tour would give a broad overview of the area, which suited my schedule.

Posted by
11342 posts

I second the recommendation for Tours by Roberto. Great day!

Posted by
8 posts

Thank you for the tips! Can't wait to try the vino!!

Posted by
24 posts

We went with the 'Slow day in Tuscany' tour and couldn't have asked for a better group. We visited a small vineyard in the Chianti Classico region in the morning and met the owner Fernando. After lunch, at which more wine was 'sampled', we were offered a choice between another vineyard and wine tasting or tour of a local fortified town; as it was a hot day and we had consumed far too much wine already we chose the later. Their website is - http://www.slow-days.com/

Posted by
8 posts

We decided to do the Art Viva Best of Tuscany Tour and could not be happier! Guiseppe was a fantastic guide and made sure we had a great time! Really enjoyed the winery tour...we are now awaiting the case of wine we ordered while there!!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted by
203 posts

Debra, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the Best of Tuscany Tour! I am looking forward to my own tour in October. If you have any suggestions or comments on the winery or the cities you visit as part of the tour, I would love to hear them. Thanks! Marianne