Please sign in to post.

wine tours

I thought it would be fun to do a wine tour while in Italy. Does anyone know of one that is around Florence or is reachable be train/bus for a day trip?

Posted by
527 posts

I know they have bus tours out of Siena (RS lists one I believe). If you go to www.tripadvisor.com forums they seem to have more comments on them. We toured wineries in Montalcino but we had a car.

Posted by
6 posts

We won't be spending any nights in Tuscany but we are going to do a day trip out there (if possible without a car).

Posted by
2091 posts

In October, 2002 we did a tour with Gianni (Tours Around Tuscany) which was the highlight of our 25-day anniversary trip of Switzerland, Italy & France. It was the Montepulciano/Montalcino/Benedictine Abbey tour. This year we'll be doing the Chianti wine tasting & castle tour in June. toursaroundtuscany.com

Last time we were staying in Siena; this time we'll take the bus or train from Florence to meet up with him in Siena although he'll take us to our hotel at the end of the day. Gianni does private tours only so a maximum of 4 people, I believe. €145 per person but SO worth it!

Posted by
76 posts

I would highly recommend you visiting Castello di Verrazzano. We took a bus from Florence and had a great time at this winery. We were there this past November. Our tour included a four course wine tasting lunch and it was FABULOUS. The scenery was beautiful and our tour guide, Fillipo was wonderful. It was one of the highlights of our 12 days in Italy. I can't imagine anyone not enjoying an afternoon at Verrazzano!!!

Posted by
411 posts

If you take a wine tour out of Siena avoid Cor Magis tours. It was a dreadful waste of a day in Siena and not worth the price we paid.

Posted by
15 posts

We are taking a wine tour through Viator from Florence in April. It is a half day tour that leaves at 2pm and returns at 7pm.

Good luck.