Please sign in to post.

Wine Tours

I really want to go on a tuscany wine tour. I have done a little research online and it looks like many of tours leave from Florence. Is this the best place to leave from? Any recommendations on a wine tours? We would like to join a group (not a private tour... trying to keep cost down). It would need to be on a Sunday. Any hotel recommendations? We are just staying in Florence the one night for the wine tour and than off to Rome. Thanks for all the help!!

Posted by
76 posts

I HIGHLY recommend Castello di Verrazzano. We did the wine tasting lunch and tour and it was AWESOME. It was one of the highlights of our 13 days in Italy. We took the bus out of Florence and I can't tell you how much we enjoyed it. The food was delicious, the wine very very good and the scenery was beautiful. They have a very good website. Our guide was Fillipo and he was fantastic. Hope you'll consider visiting this wonderful place.

Regards, Susan, Raleigh

Posted by
168 posts

Hi Jane,

I also recommend Castello di Verrazzano (http://www.verrazzano.com/). It was only a 30 min bus ride from Florence to the Chianti Region and was near the town of Greve. It was the highlight of our trip.

It was an approx. 1 hour tour of the grounds/wine making and then we did the lunch tour option (the Chianti tradition) which was fabulous. We sat on the terrace overlooking all of tuscany which was beautiful. Each person got a huge plate of a mix of meats and cheeses (there was a vegetarian version available). Then we sampled 4 wines, and after they poured they left the remaining bottles for the table to finish (and there were only 6 of us at each table). We also sampled a dessert wine and balsamic vinaigrette. And there was also bread with olive oil drizzled over it.

I would highly recommend this place. The views were amazing and the people were so friendly!

Have a great trip!