Please sign in to post.

Wine Tours

While we are in the Tuscany region we would love to go on a Wine Tour. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Posted by
1322 posts

Sheree, I am signed up to go on a wine tour with lunch at www.verrazzano.com. It looks wonderful. When is your trip? I leave next week until May 4th. I could give you first hand knowledge of this wine tour when I return. But others will probably give you some other good advice. Ciao!

Posted by
168 posts

Hi Sheree,

I also recommend Castello di Verrazzano. My husband and I were there last May. It was only a 30 min bus ride from Florence to the Chianti Region and was near the town of Greve. It was the highlight of our trip.

It was an approx. 1 hour tour of the grounds/wine making and then we did the lunch tour option (the Chianti tradition) which was fabulous. We sat on the terrace overlooking all of tuscany which was beautiful. Each person got a huge plate of a mix of meats and cheeses (there was a vegetarian version available). Then we sampled 4 wines, and after they poured they left the remaining bottles for the table to finish (and there were only 6 of us at each table). We also sampled a dessert wine and balsamic vinaigrette. And there was also bread with olive oil drizzled over it.

I would highly recommend this place. The views were amazing and the people were so friendly!

Have a great trip!

Posted by
113 posts

Thank you so much...I will look into it. We are arriving in Rome May 22 and leaving June 11, 2010.

Linda, please do let me know of your experience when you get back...and have a blast!!

Posted by
76 posts

I echo Marla's comments about Verrazzano. It was one of the highlights of our 13 day trip to Italy. I hope you will seriously consider going. I don't think you would regret it. The tour was great, food was delicious as well as the wine. Just an enjoyable experience!!! Susan

Posted by
1322 posts

Yes, Sheree, I am certain my trip will be wonderful. I have been planning and looking forward to it for many months. I'll keep you posted regarding the Verrazzano wine tour.