Please sign in to post.

Wine tour from Siena

I will be in Siena on Saturday, September 19. At this point I cannot find a wine tour that is done on Saturdays. I would like to go with a small group since private tours are very expensive. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you

Posted by
20084 posts

Through Viator agency, I just see a Tuesday, Friday, Sunday to Brunello di Montalcino. Can you adjust your schedule?

Posted by
1 posts

Hello,

you can have a nice wine tour in Montepulciano, where you can taste the famous Nobile di Montepulciano. One of the best wineyard is Podere Boscarelli, open also on sunday.
In Montepulciano you can also visit some nice "Cantine", the cave where you can visit and taste wine in the amazing village of Montepulciano. Three names over the rest, in order of top quality: Poliziano, Contucci (from 1008), and Cantine del Redi.

I don't know you need also indication for a very nice stay. Wine is a sensual question, and one of the hotel that can give you wonderful emotion is Residenza d'Arte in Torrita di Siena. It's a magic place. The owner is an artist that transformed this original medieval borough in her artist house, furnishing it with her artworks. A place which is unique in the world.

From there you can easily visit Montalcino and taste the best wine of the world by the enoteca La Fortezza, exactly inside the fortress of Montalcino. You can choose within different tasting offers. To me the best and right is with 5-6 kind of wine. They serve them with assorted cheese and salumi, with a great competence explaining to you the history, production and tips on this unique wine in the world.

Posted by
11315 posts

Have you contacted Tours by Roberto? They may run on Saturday. Loved our tour with them a few years ago. Roberto picked us up at our hotel and returned us there after a really fun day of wine, history, scenery and lunch.

Posted by
1054 posts

Here is another vote for Roberto. I've done tours with him the last 2 years and have a day booked in September with him again. A great guide