Please sign in to post.

Wine Tasting in Tuscany

Our family of 6 would like to do a day of wine/food tasting in the Tuscany region (perhaps Chianti). I'm find that most wineries need reservations. Can anyone suggest a possible itinerary of recommended wineries that don't require reservations?

Posted by
23278 posts

We spent five days visiting wineries in and around Tuscany. Did not find one that did not require a reservation and a fee but we were trying to focus on the better ones. We did find a couple of road side tasting rooms that were free but the actually winery required a reservation. One of the wine magazines had a special report on Tuscany wineries. We used that for our guide. Believe it was Wine Spectator in early 2015. (or maybe 2014) It was an excellent guide.

Posted by
23278 posts

PS - Have a good GPS. Some are hard to find. Second you should take advantage of the wine pairing lunches that they offer. Not cheap but well worth the experience. We were doing one in the morning, one for lunch, and one or two in the afternoon. Also some offer balsamic vinegar tasting. That was fantastic since we knew little about balsamic vinegar. At one winery we had a 50 year balsamic that literally was an eye dropper on the end of spoon. I think they were selling it for about 200E for half bottle. It was so good. I dream about it over ice cream.