Please sign in to post.

where to stay in Venice

My husband and I are traveling to first Amsterdam and then onto Venice and Rome. Our first leg of the trip is business. Once in Italy it is up to us where to stay. We have our hotel in Rome but not in Venice. I have been told to stay near the Rialto Bridge. iwould like a canal view as well. Is there any hotel or B&B that you would recommend? We will be there June 20-23rd. Thanks

Posted by
267 posts

I stayed at Pensione Guerrato; very nice staff, nicely decorated, great price, good locale, decent breakfast, and they let you keep your bags there after check-out if you want to sightsee some more. Not sure if there is a canal view (ours wasn't), and no elevator (one flight of stairs walk-up). But a great place to stay.

Posted by
1201 posts

You could try www.venere.com for hotels in Venice and then maybe come back with suggestions on your choices. As others have said the most popular ones that people suggest may already be booked.

Posted by
12172 posts

We stayed in an apartment rented from Hotel d'Art. It's in the area of Rialto but we really didn't get a sense of the hotel. We only saw the (small) lobby then walked to the apartment from there. We had no view but, otherwise, it worked perfectly for our family at a good price.

Posted by
7737 posts

Pensione Guerrato would be my choice, but they may well be filled up at this point. They're very popular, and rightly so.

Posted by
1834 posts

Try Al Ponte Mocenigo. I love it. It is in a very quiet area, away from the tourist hustle & bustle, but only about 15 min walk to the Rialto bridge. If they are full, go to TripAdvisor where you will get lots of good recommendations.