Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Venice.

We are catching a cruise from Venice and need suggestions on where to stay for one night in Venice.

Posted by
6898 posts

Lisa, one hotel that you might consider is the Hotel Papadopoli. It's about 500' from the Piazalle Roma. You walk across one small canal bridge and your in the Piazalle Roma. Walk across the lot and you catch the people mover out to the ship areas.

Posted by
161 posts

You can pay high prices for a hotel with not great reviews here. I did a lot of searching on several different sites before I found a great little apartment close to the Rialto bridge. You can find it on the airbnb site and it's called Casa vacanza Lando un info d'amore. We paid $233. For 2 nights last October 2 and 3. It's a great price for Venice.

Posted by
1501 posts

I find one night in an apartment to be more hassle than it's worth. Just my opinion. Checking in and out is much more complicated/time consuming than in a hotel. I liked the Hotel Bel Sito. Good price for Venice, and very close to St. Mark's square.

Posted by
47 posts

We really enjoyed our stay at Pensione Guerrato, it's recommended in Rick's guidebooks. Right next to the fish market at Rialto.