Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Venice

Hi~ We are a family of 4 (adults) and we will be in Venice mid May for 2 nights. What area of the city is best to stay to easily get around. Since we are only there for 2 days I want to be located in a good area. Your suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.

Posted by
922 posts

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment near the Frari Church. It also had a nice view of the church and came with a fully equipped kitchen. It's about a 10 minute walk from the train station with easy access to Rialto and the Grand canal. We really liked the neighborhood. Search vrbo.com, airbnb.com for apartments that suit your needs.

Posted by
11367 posts

Ca’Angeli is very convenient yet not in the thick of things, I.e., it is a quiet location right on the Grand Canal a few minutes walk from the Rialto Bridge in San Polo. 24 hour front desk even though it is a small facility,

We also liked Locanda La Corte near Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo.

Do select a place where there is good front desk help. Both of my recommendations have English speakers ready to help you. If you do an Airbnb-type place, you may not get the help you need.

It is very easy to get around Venice on foot and by vaporetto.

Posted by
4898 posts

What area of the city is best to stay to easily get around.

Venice is small enough one can get anywhere from anywhere easily on foot or using the vaporetti system. My only suggestion is that you try to avoid staying right at the real tourist hot spots such as St. Marks. One only has to go a few blocks away from any of the "biggies" to be in a nice quiet area.

Posted by
1046 posts

Check out Hotel Ala. It's right at the Giglio vaporetto stop. I've stayed here for the last 10 years and can't imagine staying anywhere else.