Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Venice?

We are trying to figure out the best area to stay in Venice that will allow us to leave very early on our last day and give us enough time to get to the airport to make our 7am flight home.

Day 14
Drive to Venice from Cinque Terre (4 hours 15 mins.)
- Return car to bus station
- We have a hotel booked, but would like suggestions for where to stay and since we have to leave so early 4-5am somewhere to catch a taxi back to the airport easily and quickly.

• Explore Venice Day 15 Explore Venice Day 16 Leave very early to make 7am flight (arrange taxi to airport from hotel) Thanks for any new suggestions you may have!!!
Posted by
795 posts

I'd suggest the Park Hotel Annia. www.anniaparkhotel.it It is very comfortable with a huge number of amenities. It is a mile from the Marco Polo Airport and has a free shuttle to the airport that starts at 4:30 am (and leaves every 30 minutes) and gets you to the airport in 3 minutes so no taxi needed. To get to Venice for sightseeing, just take a water taxi. Their wonderful breakfast buffet begins at 4:30 am so you can fuel up before taking the shuttle. Since the shuttle will get you there in 3 minutes, you can leave later than you thought. The rooms are soundproofed so you'll get a quiet rest. We like their suites (very reasonable price) but there are rooms for every need at great prices.

Posted by
15246 posts

I wouldn't stay at the airport, as suggested above, except for maybe the last night. Staying near the airport for your entire stay would make it very inconvenient to visit the city and very expensive. The water taxi from the airport costs over 100€ a ride.
A better option, in my opinion, is to stay within walking distance of Piazzale Roma, where you can catch a taxi (one with wheels, not a water taxi) or even the bus. For a 7am flight, which is a intra European flight, you would need to be at the airport before 6am. The taxi ride from Piazzale Roma is about 25 min, the ATVO bus takes about 35 min.

I don't know what your budget is, but the hotels below are nice and only 5 minutes walk from Piazzale Roma. If they are not to your liking, or not within your budget, there are many others in the area.
http://www.mgallery.com/gb/hotel-1313-hotel-papadopoli-venezia-mgallery-collection/index.shtml
http://www.hotel-olimpia.com

Posted by
15246 posts

Another observation. If you are staying at the Cinque Terre prior to Venice, it might be a good idea to return the car in La Spezia and go to Venice by train. You won't need a car at the Cinque Terre.

Posted by
20245 posts

The No 5 bus goes from Piazzale Roma at 4:35 and gets to the airport at 4:58. 8 euro per person.