Please sign in to post.

Where to Stay in Venice

Hi, I'm a first timer to Venice, going with a friend. We will be in the city for three nights and are looking for somewhere to stay, either hostel or hotel, for around 30 euro per person per night. Thanks for any advice/help

Posted by
7737 posts

Wow. That's really really low for Venice, which may be the most expensive city to stay in in Italy. When are you going? Rates vary by season. You could try Foresteria della Chiesa Valdese or the youth hostel on the Giudecca at www.ostellovenezia.it. Good luck.

Posted by
4 posts

We are looking to travel around the end of March ... and can go as high as 100 euro for both of us per night, but trying to keep it as cheap as possible

Posted by
7737 posts

Got it. Good for you for wanting to stay in Venice proper. That's by far the best way to experience that beautiful city. Do check out those two places I suggest. They are RS recommendations for dorm-style housing, although if you're talking March of this year, they may already be booked up. Good luck.

Posted by
8176 posts

Last time I went cheap in Venice, I got a 5 watt light bulb and had to pay extra for a hot shower. I kept tripping over the furniture at night. Our room was a shock after staying in cheaper rooms in Germany & Austria. You'll need to do some investigation on accommodations on the internet. Try AirBnB.com and BBPlanet.com for lower end places to stay at. You may have to Google "Venice hostels" to find a place that meets your needs. I've been there 5 or 6 times, and it's a great city.

Posted by
791 posts

Another cheap - and nice - option is Alloggi Alla Scala.