Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Venice?

for three or four nights...not looking for the most expensive place but something nice, centrally located, and clean.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted by
1201 posts

We have staying at apartments in Venice for a few years. Lately we have used these guys.

www.veniceapartments.org

but there are lots of agencies. These folks get good reviews as well.

www.viewsonvenice.com

regular accommodation wise

Pesione guerato

Pensione La Calcina

Locanda Orseola

Posted by
536 posts

Matt - I would strongly suggest -
http://www.hotelcasanova.it/
Located Directly behind Piazza San Marco and easy walking to The Rialto area - This is an excellent hotel - The front desk is manned by my friends Dario and Stefano and, as you look at the webpage I think you'll love the place as well as the location

Ciao, Greg

Posted by
127 posts

We did the Best Western Hotel Ala and LOVED it. Great location- near St. Mark's Square but still quiet, and very very convenient to vaporetto line 1. Best breakfast spread we had (and we were in 5 different hotels on this trip!). I can't remember the price but it was probably around 150 euros

Posted by
646 posts

Hi, have rented apartments in Venice through vrbo.com and have been very satisfied. They usually have a minimum night stay, but I think you are safe with the three-four night minimum.

Posted by
7737 posts

We've stayed at Pensione Guerrato twice and couldn't recommend it more highly. It's a RS favorite. Great location, extremely helpful staff and really nice rooms. Search this site for more on "Guerrato". You'll see it may be the most recommended Venice location on this bulletin board.

http://www.pensioneguerrato.it/

Posted by
89 posts

I've stayed at Antico Doge a few times, and it's very nice. The rates in late June and late July 2009 were very reasonable, about 120 for a double and 180 or so for a quadruple. I checked back with them for other trips in September 2009 and April 2010 and the rates were quite a bit more. I suggest checking out the rates directly on the hotel's website to see whether you fall into one of their low rate seasons.

The rooms were nicely appointed, reception was friendly and helpful, and the breakfasts were great.

It's relatively close to Rialto Bridge, in Canareggio, but it's a nice quiet location.

I'd stay away from Alloggi Barbaria. We ended up staying there in April and were very disappointed. While the rates were good, it was a bit out of the way and the breakfasts were probably the worst we had in Italy (coffee was barely even warm-- I think it was made with hot water straight from the tap).

Posted by
891 posts

We have stayed at Ca Dogaressa in the Cannaregio district and Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo.

We liked both of the hotels. Ca Dogaressa we have stayed at 2 times, both times in the Jr. Suite overlooking the canal. But you pay for the view, depends on what time of year you are going.
The owner and the young man at the desk are great.

Al Ponte Mocenigo is in RS book and we went there just because we wanted to stay in a new neighborhood.
We liked it a lot, also. People are great and we liked that neighborhood also. Both are easy to get to
and both are spotless.

Have a great trip!

Posted by
182 posts

i have been to venice twice. not a pro like lots of these guys seem to be. in 2006 stayed at albergo marin, close to the station, very kind staff, not the most interesting area. hotel and facilities excellent. in 2008 stayed at albergo san samuele, much cooler hotel, closer to san marco, great square by the hotel and good restaurant. all really affordable. 75 to 125 euro for a double, depending on the time of year. have fun be safe.

Posted by
129 posts

hotel al salute in the dosoduro area seems to fit what you are looking for...

Posted by
1825 posts

Another vote for Al Ponte Mocenigo. I stayed there two years ago and loved the neighborhood far from the tourist crowds. The staff is just excellent and the special croissants at breakfast are delicious.

Posted by
212 posts

we have stayed at the hotel flora both times we visited venice. i noticed it's now in rick's guide. it is right near san moise (near san marco). it's medium-sized and lovely. great garden for great breakfasts.

Posted by
66 posts

We stayed in a converted Monastery called the Domus Ciliota: www.ciliota.it just off the Campo Stefano which is by the Accademia Bridge between the Piazza San Marco and the Rialto Bridge; very central.

Jean

Posted by
247 posts

Matt check Hotel Santa Lucia, its by the train station but works fine for alot of people. The price is very resonable.