Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Rome?

Hello,

My girlfriend and I are traveling to Rome for the first time around mid April. We are staying in Sorrento for 3 days and will be in Rome for 3 days. We will be traveling back from Sorrento. Our budget is around $250 usd a night, but may pay a little more if its worth it. Breakfast included is a plus.

Where is the best place to stay in Rome for 2 adults visiting the city for the first time? We want to hit all of the main attractions. Bonus points if there is a shuttle that can take us to Roma Fiumicino Airport.

Thank you!

Posted by
6088 posts

Anywhere in the historic center
Near Pantheon, Piazza Navonna, Campo de’Fiori

You won’t find many hotels with airport shuttles
Not necessary when a taxi is so easy, fixed rate 50 euros or take the train

Do you mean mid April this April 2024?? 2 weeks from now?

Posted by
15193 posts

The area in the Centro Storico (historical center) is probably best to be close to most sights. The historical center is the area roughly between Piazza di Spagna (Spanish steps) and Campo dei Fiori. It is also very vibrant at night.

The only hotels that offer shuttle service to the airport are the ones near the airport, which is not that near to the city (about 20 miles) therefore the best way to get to the airport, especially for a morning flight, is by taxi (50€ flat fare).

Posted by
8 posts

Christine,

Yes this April 2024. We are super late to planning, but unable to go the rest of the year. This was on our bucket list and the timing between work and school fell in our lap. We will make the best of it.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by
8 posts

We have narrowed the list down to the following:

Navona Garden Suites Rome
Albergo Santa Chiara
Campo De’ Fiori Prestige Rooms
Trevi Palace Luxury Inn

Thoughts?

-Chris

Posted by
6088 posts

I think the first 3 are all fantastic locations.
The Trevi location is fine, just wouldn’t be my choice

Posted by
255 posts
  1. Albergo Santa Chiara
  2. Navona Garden Suites Rome
  3. Campo De’ Fiori Prestige Rooms
  4. Trevi Palace Luxury Inn
Posted by
8 posts

Thank you Christine!

@Marco any reasoning behind your ranking? Location? Amenities? Personal Experience?

Posted by
8 posts

Thanks Marco.

I think we are leaning towards Navona Gardens. Any downside to a B&B? Reviews seem to be great!

Posted by
494 posts

We enjoyed a wonderful apartment in Trastevere. We had roof top access (to hang laundry and look around). The owners lived adjacent in their own apartment. He, a very interesting Roman gave us many great pointers and ideas. We were within literal walking distance of the bus routes, the Vatican, restaurants, the river. It was a very short walk from there to most of what would be called a "walking tour".
I am not trying to publicly promote that accommodation but it one I would share with anyone who PM's me. If we return to Rome, we hope we can stay there again.