Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Rome

My husband and I will be in Rome for 5 nights at the end of June 2017. We've already booked a hotel near the Trevi Fountain (White Hotel) but am wondering if I should change locations to be a bit closer to the Panthenon/Piazza Navona within walking distance to Trastevere--or would consider staying in Trastevere.

We want to be near nice restaurants, trattorias and wine bars but don't want too much noise in. A roofdeck terrace/bar would also be a nice feature as we will be there during St Peter/St Paul festival where I imagine there would be fireworks of some sort. Budget is no more than USD $200/night. Any suggestions?

Posted by
922 posts

We stayed at Hotel Smeraldo near Campo de Fiore and Largo Argentina. Great location with plenty of restaurants nearby. Easy walk to Piazza Novona and the Pantheon (10 minutes) and Trastavere is no more than 15 minutes. Largo Argentina has several tram stops and a taxi queue. Piazza Venezia is about 10 minutes away.

Posted by
11613 posts

I have stayed at Hotel Fori Imperiali Cavalieri a couple of times, on a side street between the Colosseo and via Cavour. Check their website. Very nice family runs/owns it.