Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Naples

I am browsing through Airbnb for a 3 day stay in Naples in July. Found some nice places but since we've never been, not sure where and what the good areas are. Is it better to be in the center of the city or by the coast?
Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Posted by
3551 posts

It is so mixed it is difficult to say in Naples. The amalfi coast is adifferent story.

Posted by
1025 posts

There really are no bad places in Sorrento. Think of the town as having a center hub in Piazza Tasso. It is a lovely place to stay, wherever you decide to rest your head, and if you like the looks of the property, take the plunge. You can walk from one end to the other in 15 to 20 minutes, and there are a few buses which will take you to places that are farther out.

There are a lot of restaurants and trattorie to sample, and since the beaches really aren't beaches like you envision them, do your beach time in other areas and just enjoy the ambiance of a truly lovely coastal town.

I have a reservation for a few days near Marina Piccola, but have stayed on Corso Italia at Casa Astarita in the past. In all, the town is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy Bella Italia.

To tell you the truth, I didn't expect to like the place, and it truly is one of my favorite places in Italy. Go figure.

Posted by
2047 posts

I’ve read that the Santa Lucia neighborhood is good. Many places have views of the sea. We rented an Airbnb in the Vomero neighborhood which is quiet, but with good metro and bus connections to the main part of Naples.