Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Cinque Terre?

My wife and I are traveling to Cinque Terre end of June. First trip to Italy and would like a clean place with AC and views. Any suggestions?

Posted by
536 posts

Hi Jason - In my favorite village - Vernazza - Please check out Carla's website. Her place is located directly on the harbor next to Al Castello - A beautiful location and a fair price.
Be sure to walk the trail - the section from Manarola to Riomaggiore called the Via dell'Amore(lover's path) is only about a mile long - relatively flat and paved , with a Cafe halfway for a cold one. Pic included -http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=7210936

Enjoy Cinque Terre! Ciao, Greg

Posted by
32212 posts

Jason,

There are good lodgings in all of the CT villages, however Vernazza seems to be the favourite of many here.

Depending on your budget, you might also have a look at This Hotel. The greatest selection of accommodations is in Monterosso, as it's the largest of the villages. There's both an "old town" and a "new town" to choose from.

You might want to have a look at the Italy Guidebook for lots of suggestions in different price ranges.

Happy travels!

Posted by
277 posts

Francamaria rooms in the heart of Vernazza. Room 1 or 2. Few steps, great view, and ambiance to die for. Check online, the rooms go quick. Have a great time, The CT is one of the most beautiful places on earth. P.S. Take your time and really explore all of the towns. they all have their own personality, and you might find one that you love more than the others. Read up on the train. It is really cheap if you do it right. Good luck!!! Jeff

Posted by
1003 posts

In July 2009 we loved our 4 night stay at Francamaria's, room 1. The room overlooked the square which was great. Hardly any steps too! Would stay here again.