Please sign in to post.

where to stay in Cinque Terre

I had kind of asked about this before, but somehow lost track of any advice kindly given... My gf & I will be in Cinque Terre early May - probably for 2 nights. Any recommendations on where to stay? We don't really care about a place being fancy or elegant - just clean. convenient and reasonably priced. chip

Posted by
8166 posts

Get yourself a Rick Steves travel book. He's absolutely a nut about that place, and has many suggested hotels. You'll need to figure out which town you'll want to stay in. Please read Rick's News and Events bar above to see the present condition of the two recently flooded towns. It may be much later that this travel destination is really ready for tourists.

Posted by
32219 posts

Chip, I would also suggest having a look at the RS Italy 2012 Guidebook, as there are good listings there for accommodations in each of the villages. You should be able to find a copy at your local Library or larger bookstores in the area. You might have a look at These Rooms in Riomaggiore. I stayed in one of their properties on a past visit, and found the room to be very comfortable and reasonably priced. There are Hostels in both Manarola and Corniglia. If you need more information on those, post another note. Another option in Manarola is This Hotel but it's quite "upscale" (ie: pricey). The "flood damage" mentioned in the previous reply shouldn't be too much of a problem, as the repair efforts have been progressing extremely well. If you'd like to see a list of businesses which have re-opened in Vernazza, have a look at This Website. If you'd prefer to stay in Monterosso (largest town, best beach), check the Guidebook or Trip Advisor for accommodations. If you have some "flexibility" in your budget, I would highly recommend This Hotel. Once you see the view from your patio in the morning, you may not want to leave! Whichever location you choose, I would strongly recommend getting something booked SOON! If you can't secure lodgings in one of the five villages, you could also consider staying in Levanto, as it's only about 10-minutes from Monterosso by train. Buon Viaggio!