Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Bologna?

We will be traveling by train and would like to stay in Bologna while exploring Ferrara, Modena and Parma. There are 3 of us and would like a moderately priced triple room.
Also restaurant recommendations for these towns?

Posted by
10344 posts

No answers yet to your question. I don't have personal recommendations for those locations, but here's a good way to find good accommodations and restaurants, use this website, you want the Tourism, Hotels & Restaurants section http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/Tourisme. Michelin has been rating hotels and restaurants in Europe for about a hundred years. Experiment a bit with the site and I think you'll find good things.

Posted by
2026 posts

Last fall we stayed at the Starhotel Exelsior in Bologna. Modern, clean, and excellent breakfast. We got a great rate but I think it was because we hit town on a weekend. They upgraded us to an Executive room (I beg shamelessly) that had a walk-in closet bigger than any hotel room we'd stayed in the entire month! There are several similar hotels in the area - directly across the street from the train station and so super handy for your kind of travel plans. Also, lots of inexpensive eateries in the area too. And this area is nice...clean, safe, the whole nine yards. Have fun!