Please sign in to post.

When to Book?

Any suggestions on when to book for Italy? How early should we book our flights? We are currently planning for
May of 2011

Thanks

Posted by
7737 posts

There was an identical posting by someone else just a few days ago on this subject. General consensus is to wait until January to buy for May with the usual caveat that no one can predict the future. That's what we're doing.

Posted by
3112 posts

I start monitoring May fares around mid-November and buy when I see a price I think is a good deal. For me that's the key - I find a price I think is good, buy my ticket and never look back. What's "good" mean? For me, it's - If I could get a R/T ticket for under $XXX, that would be a good deal and I'd buy it. $XXX is whatever you'd be happy paying. I've found good deals as early as late November or December, but sometimes they don't show up until January or February. Bing has a fare indicator you can use to check price trends.

Posted by
262 posts

We went to Italy last month and I bought the tickets in February...make sure your names on your tickets match your passport exactly.

Posted by
304 posts

I'm looking at a flight from the west coast to Rome this coming June. It's now over half full. I'm booking before November.

Posted by
2788 posts

I am going to Europe (Germany) from Seattle next August. Any suggestions how long to wait before booking that flight? As already posted, If I see a good price, I will definitely grab it.