Please sign in to post.

What to pack??

We will be in Sicily the early part of October and trying to figure out what the weather will be. Has anyone been there in October?
Also, when we go to dinner with the group, is it a little dress up or can we go casual.
Thanks

Posted by
2992 posts

On our South of Italy tour in May we were casually dressed for dinner, usually wearing the same clothes we wore during the day.
I don’t know about the weather. May was unusually cool and wet.

Posted by
14605 posts

I can’t give you insight on the weather since I’ve not visited Sicily BUT RS tour dinners are pretty casual. Not sure if it happens on this tour but sometimes you’ll go straight from touring to dinner. Or have a walking tour on the way to dinner!

Have a great time! Take shoes that will keep your feet comfortable for miles!

Posted by
27706 posts

You can find actual, day-by-day historical weather data going back about 10 years on timeanddate.com. I highly recommend looking at several years' records for October so you'll have an idea of the range of weather to be expected.

Posted by
27706 posts

Sicily is quite hot in the summer, in my experience. Anyone expecting "warm" is in for an unpleasant surprise. I don't think extreme heat is likely to be a problem for the OP in October, though I haven't researched weather at that time of year.

Posted by
15773 posts

I will just add this anecdote. Friends of mine spent a week or so in Sicily in mid-September about 6-7 years ago and had perfect weather (though they do like temps in the high 80's). The week after they left, the island was inundated with rain for nearly a week.

Pack for the worst, hope for the best, enjoy what comes.

Posted by
97 posts

I was there last year in mid-October. The weather was beautiful. Highs were in the 70s and lows at night maybe about 55 - 60. It did rain heavily one day, but all other days were sunny. I was comfortable wearing jeans, a polo shirt, and having a light jacket for the mornings and evenings. If you go up in the mountains however, expect it to be 10-15 degrees cooler than on the coast.

Dress is mostly casual. You could wear pants that are nicer than jeans if going to a nicer restaurant.