Please sign in to post.

What does this mean?

Presenting this e-mail, it will be possible to come to the Bronze Door of the Apostolic Palace to collect the requested tickets either on the afternoon preceding the event between 3:00 pm and 7:00 pm or on the morning of the event from 7:30 am. The tickets will indicate the relevant time, place and access. The Bronze Door is situated in St Peter's Square where the right-hand Bernini colonnade begins.

Is it still necessary to collect the ticket at 3-7 pm the day before the event? or just get it at 7:30am in the morning?

Posted by
353 posts

To me, the email reads very clearly. You have two options and it is an either/or choice, meaning you can choose one or the other; you don't do both:
1. on the afternoon preceding the event (meaning, the day before your event) collect ticket at the time of between 3pm or 7pm
- or -
2. on the morning of the event collect the ticket beginning 7:30am onwards.

Posted by
3 posts

But what is the chance to get the ticket for the second option given so many people want it?

Posted by
741 posts

Are the tickets not in your name and don't you need to show the email? I would assume that there are a set amount of tickets, only people who have been granted tickets get that email and they can pick them up either the day before or morning of.

Posted by
2998 posts

I’d pick them up the day before. The problem with waiting til that morning is you will have to wait in line to get your ticket and then go wait in the line to enter the seating area. You want to be in that 2nd line as early as possible to have a chance at a good seat. There are no assigned seats.