Please sign in to post.

Weather in April

We are planning a trip to Italy and we are thinking about April. September and October is also possibility. What is the weather like in April

Posted by
58 posts

I was in Rome and Sorrento last April (mid-April) and had some beautiful sunny days and a couple dark rainy ones as well. If I went again, I'd plan for it more with a good rain jacket (turns out my Spring jacket isn't waterproof). If possible I'd also try to build in more free time into my schedule so there is some wiggle room in case of rain delays. On the plus side, there were absolutely no lines for any attractions when it was raining (even when it was just light sprinkles)... And I was there during the free culture week where lines are expected to be extra long!

Posted by
223 posts

I've been twice in April. Both times the weather in Rome was decent but further north was pretty variable. I think its a great time to go but take a light rain jacket for sure.

Posted by
23299 posts

That is a little like asking what the weather will be like in April in Bixby. April and therefore the Spring tends to be cooler and wetter just like it is most parts when Spring comes. The Fall, October, will tend to be warmer and dryer as most Falls are. And September can be pretty hot especially in the southern part. We prefer the October/Fall time period.

Posted by
7737 posts

If you read the FAQ section on this bulletin board, you'll see that it tells you how to find out about historic weather trends in different locations for specific periods. Much more helpful than the random "It rained when I was there" kind of anecdotes you'll otherwise get. Good luck.

Posted by
20 posts

Thanks guys. We are going to CT, Tuscany and Rome. Don't mind a little rain just not 30 degrees

Posted by
10344 posts

Here's the weather site Michael mentioned: http://www.wunderground.com/tripplanner/index.asp It gives you the actual weather for the last 15 years at your location on your dates of travel (up to 14 day time span). As Michael said, this gives you more info than the "it was fine when we were there" kind of answer.

Posted by
144 posts

I was in italy this past april or the whole month ( como, venice, tuscany, rome) except for my first day in rome it was sunny the entire time. mild weather for tuscany rome and venice, and a little cooler in como obviously, but other than that it was perfect. had one lake effect rain shower that last an hourone fo the days in como but after it was over, it was almost 90 degrees. i knew i might hit some rain and cool so i packed some slim waffle shirts and used my thin water proof rain jacket. but it could have been a blizzard or tropical storm and that would never deter me from having fun there