Please sign in to post.

water taxi in venice

I have learned our cruise ship will be a Fusina Port (on mainland of Italy). What is best way to get from our port to Muruna Island (without doing mass ferry)? Also, once finished in Muruna Island, can we hire private water taxi to give us overview of the city? I am with older travelers and think the best way to get a quick overview is via water (as I have done before). Thank you!

Posted by
17244 posts

Motoscafi does not list port as a possible pickup point. You should probably contact them ahead of time to see if you can book their service for your group. You may have to take the vaporetto 16 to Zattere in Venice, and take the water taxi from there.

For your tour of Venice and the lagoon, I see this water taxi company offers several options, starting with a one-hour Grand Canal tour for €140? You will have to pay extra to be picked up on Murano. Or take the 4-hour tour of the islands of Murano, Burano, and Torcello, together with the Grand Canal for €560.

https://www.venicedreamwatertaxi.com/en/venice-dream-tour/

Posted by
104 posts

I used motoscafi last summer (official taxi service) for a private hour and a half on the grand canal and a few smaller ones - would recommend. They were on time and straightforward with directions/ cost etc. it was worth the cost due to crazy (!) crowds (normally I like taking the public traghetti) and Covid concerns last year.
The best way to get more info is to email them directly with questions as we did ( we arranged pick up from the parking garage area.) They were very responsive and flexible on pick up and drop off locations. . Their email should be on their web site.

Posted by
319 posts

You can give Motoscavi your location and they will direct you to the nearest dock where they can pick you up. We had a hotel in the city center and they were able to pick us up from a canal dock less than 100 meters away. They do charge a little more for super early (or late) pick ups. Just thought I'd add that since that's what we experienced. Good luck!