Please sign in to post.

Volterra, Italy

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Foresteria? Not one of Rick's recommendations so I'm looking for anyone who might have info.
Thanks

Posted by
15171 posts

Never stayed there but from the website it looks nice. Three stars, so not too shabby. I hope you intend to rent a car. It's at least 20-25 min walk from the city center. Besides having a car in the Tuscan hill towns is always a good idea. http://www.foresteriavolterra.it/

Posted by
68 posts

Thank you for pointing out the distance. I couldn't tell from their web site. I would prefer staying IN town.
Any suggestions?

Posted by
11613 posts

If you check booking.com, you can find a map with a list of available hotels and their locations; this will help you choose even if you don't book through them. Just look for hotels in Volterra, Italy, and it will give you several sorting options and the very helpful map.

Posted by
10 posts

Hello Linda, We just returned from Volterra. Awesome town and you will love it! We stayed at La Primavera B&B. Beautiful, inexpensive and literally steps away from the Medieval wall. Sylvia is very sweet. Cash only. Yes, we had a rental car and free parking is available. Perfect, especially if you are familiar with B&B accomodations. We are not familiar with Hotel Foresteria. Susan