Please sign in to post.

Virgin Atlantic

Hi, has anyone flown on virgin Atlantic. They have the best priced direct flight to London , but I do see some unfavorable reviews on trip advisor . Thanks

Posted by
3768 posts

We flew to London on Virgin Atlantic in the spring of 2016, and were quite happy with our flight. Everything about our Virgin Atlantic experience was top-notch. The flight left on time. The flight attendants were attentive, friendly and professional. The plane was clean on the inside. Seats comfy. Food served was excellent. I would give them an A+ on every aspect. I am very surprised to hear about any negative reviews.

Posted by
671 posts

We flew Virgin Atlantic two years ago from LAX to London and loved it. We were in Premium Economy that helped us enjoy the experience, so I can't speak to the legroom etc. But I think the entire process was good -- friendly staff, respectful, accommodating when I asked to change my flight from Sacramento to LAX to ensure a longer layover. I think it is worth a try, depending on what the "unfavorable reviews" discussed. I find that often times people complain about things that are not that important to me.

Posted by
6 posts

Thank you all so much. I find that people make reviews when they have an issue, but never leave good reviews when everything is fine.

Posted by
9363 posts

LOVE Virgin Atlantic! Great food, lots of entertainment, ice cream bars in the middle of the afternoon. Absolutely nothing bad to say about them, and I have flown with them on two different trips.

Posted by
3391 posts

They are certainly one of the better airlines I've flown. Last time, through no fault of the airline, we were stuck on the tarmac waiting to take off for about 1/2 hour. To say "sorry" they passed out ice cream bars to everyone. I thought that was pretty great!
I've always found their service to be excellent and they don't skimp like other airlines tend to do these days.

Posted by
11294 posts

"I find that people make reviews when they have an issue, but never leave good reviews when everything is fine."

Exactly - which is why I pay little attention to online reviews of airlines.

Posted by
62 posts

Just to reiterate what others have said, I fly Newark, NJ to London 4-5 times per year (total of 9 times over the past two years) and they're my go to airline. My boss flies 10+ times a year and they're his airline as well. I did fly Delta once over and once back -- separate trips -- over the past couple of years and Virgin is a step up. (I quite like Delta and thought they were a step up compared a JFK-Paris Air France flight earlier this year.) I do generally pay for the extra legroom seats (I'm 6'2" tall) but have sat in standard seats a few times and found them fine.

Posted by
1054 posts

No issues here. Fly them direct from Tampa to London.