Please sign in to post.

VinItalia / VinItaly 2009 in Verona

Is anyone else planning on going to the VinItalia exhibition in Verona? I just found information about this event tonight, and it sounds dreamy, and also a little bit overwhelming :) with 80,000+ square meters of wine exhibits.

http://www.vinitaly.com/visitatori_en.asp

Also, does anyone have any stories from past years at this event to share? Any tips or neat things one might not necessarily stumble upon on their own?

Posted by
209 posts

Well, I figured I should at least follow up on this post with our experiences there....

We went to this expo in Verona yesterday. It was HUGE. There was a separate building for each wine region of Italy and several more buildings holding special tastings and events. There was also a building called Agrifood which had many olive oils, chocolates, cheeses, meats, and coffees. We started wine tasting in the morning and must have tried at least 45 wines by the time we had to leave. Some of the booths were large, like fancy lounges. Others were simply small and cozy for you to try their product. I was excited to have the opportunity to try wines from regions we might never get to travel to. We spoke with many nice winemakers and overall had a really fantastic time.