Please sign in to post.

Verona

Spending a couple of days in Verona before our tour starts. Need some hotel advice. Has anybody stayed somewhere they would recommend?

Posted by
5550 posts

Four years ago, I stayed at Hotel Torcolo. The location is great and I enjoyed my stay there. Since it has been a while since I stayed there, you might want to read the reviews on tripadvisor for this hotel to get up-to-date info.

Posted by
14 posts

Thanks, Laura. I checked it out and it still looks nice and it got good reviews. Is 2 days good enough?

Posted by
38 posts

2 years ago we spent 4 nights at the Hotel Bologna. Location was great, just off Piazza Bra right across from the Arena. Room was not large but sufficient and very clean. They also served a great breakfast. Across the street was a great restaurant Le Cantine de l'Arena with views of the arena. Verona is a beautiful city, flat and very walkable. Enjoy

Posted by
15232 posts

One full day in Verona will allow you to visit pretty much everything there is to see in the city. If you have a second day, then a trip to nearby Lake Garda would be a nice break from city art touring. Sirmione, Salo', Limone, Riva are my favorite villages on the lake. You could visit all by bus or rental car with a full day at your disposal. If you spend two nights, that's what I would do in one of the two days.

Posted by
2304 posts

Hi Sue Like the reply about Lake Garda. We spent a night in Bardolino on the lake for their annual wine festival last week sept first week october. A gorgeous place and we had fabulous time at festival spending night at Hotel Nettuno. Rented a car in Venice, drove to the lake. Very friendly people everywhere and a small town feel. Have a great time and enjoy.
miss pupule

Posted by
32219 posts

sue, I stayed at Hotel Europa in Verona, and would certainly recommend it. The hotel is in a great location, only a short walk from Piazza Bra and the Amphitheatre. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff were great and they served a nice breakfast. Happy travels!

Posted by
7737 posts

As for whether two days is "good enough," that completely depends on how much you end up enjoying Verona. We stayed there three nights two years ago and enjoyed it so much that we are going back this year for five nights. (We'll do some daytrips by car this time to the surrounding areas.)