Please sign in to post.

Vernazza Lodging for honeymoon 2015

Hotel Gianni Franzi vs La mala...thoughts?

Posted by
32202 posts

ED,

I'm more familiar with the lodgings in Monterosso, so can't offer any suggestions in Vernazza. The guidebooks and Trip Advisor reviews may provide the information you need to choose between the two places you mentioned.

Good luck!

Posted by
16893 posts

Rick's book includes relatively extensive descriptions of both properties, with pros and cons for each, including location, stairs, view, comfort, etc. I doubt that he's missed any key consideration, so I'd be comfortable to rely on those descriptions, as well as the hotel's web sites. Price is similar, but other features sound fairly different. When booking, do ask for any feature that most interests you - e.g. view or quiet or newer room.

Posted by
4 posts

If you consider changing to stay in Monterossa B&B Locande il Maestrale was outstanding.

Posted by
18 posts

There are lots of reviews on booking.com and it gets an 8.0 overall. Read those for an idea of what people who have stayed there have liked and disliked.

Posted by
1232 posts

Also, consider how many stairs you will have to climb to get to your room! Vernazza is known for having many.