Please sign in to post.

Vernazza Accommodations

Hi, I'm traveling with my husband and two adult daughters to Vernazza in October 2013, and would like recommendations on places to stay. I would prefer something with two separate rooms close to each other, or an apartment with two bedrooms. Thank you,
Sally

Posted by
1003 posts

Try Francamaria's rooms in Vernazza at www.francamaria.com. We stayed here in July 2009 and loved it. Rooms 1 and 2 are right next to each other. If you go to the website you can see photos of each room. Check out photos of room 2 and you will see a green door from the outside and then room 1 would be straight ahead and room 2 just to the left so very close and convenient. They both have views of the piazza which we also loved. Hardly any steps to reach the rooms which can be rare in Vernazza. Located just up the steps next to Trattoria Gianni, turn right and go a few steps and will be on your right.

Posted by
870 posts

We stayed in Hotel Gianni Franzi. Each floor had a number of rooms, so if you call/email them, you can certainly get a couple of rooms next to each other. Lots of step to get to it, but we found it so worthwhile. You breakfast on a cliff top deck, and there is a dizzying balcony set aside for guests that you can use to relax with drinks and snacks, and watch/listen to the sea. Pack light to get to this place!

Posted by
501 posts

I second Maryam thoughts; however I haven't been there since the mudslide/flooding.

Posted by
22 posts

My wife and I recently stayed in Vernazza at La Perla della 5 Terre (on TripAdvisor). 5-10 min walk from train station, 100 Euros/night for a couple. 3rd or 4th floor, but they have an elevator.
Nice little place next door for breakfast & lunch called The Pirate della 5 Terre which serves a great "smooothie" type drink called a Granita Siciliana. Greg.

Posted by
22 posts

Thanks to all for your great suggestions. I really appreciate them.

Posted by
3095 posts

La marina Rooms. They have an apartment and other rooms too.

Posted by
61 posts

Sally, In Vernazza, I also stayed at Gianni Franzi and I am glad that I did! Each of their rooms are different, but most have great views. My room happened to overlook the main Square. The room was clean and the service was great. I would definitely stay there again. Note: Book your accommodations as early as possible, for they do fill up fast. (My stay there was before the landslide/flooding as well.)

Posted by
3 posts

I just stayed at Antonella 1 for 3 nights in Vernazza. It was an apartment with 2 bedrooms for 120 euros (for me and 3 other friends), 2 bedrooms each with queen beds and a bathroom and a hot water heater for coffee/tea with biscotti for breakfast, and offered a balcony with a little table and outdoor sink and clothesline with views of the Mediterranean. It was located right in the middle of the town, up the steps on the path to Corniglia. acasa5terre.it

Posted by
1054 posts

I second La Marina Rooms. Christian is helpful and will meet you when you arrive at the train station