Please sign in to post.

Venice water taxis

We intend to take a water taxi from the Venice train station to our hotel. Would it make sense to book in advance through https://www.motoscafivenezia.com/en/?

Are they reliable? Would there be a problem if our train is late? Is there a better alternative for a water taxi?

I realize the vaporetto is much less expensive.

Posted by
6215 posts

They are reliable.
They will probably ask for your train number and monitor it.
There are also just water taxis there at dock waiting- no need to prebook.

Where is your hotel? If you share the name we can probably help you figure best way to get there or often the hotel website will have that info for you.

The vaporetto would be your other choice. Like a public water bus that runs several lines constantly.
Much cheaper.

Posted by
115 posts

I thought that pre-booking would eliminate waiting it we arrived at a busy time. Plus we could pay with a credit card rather than cash.

The last time we were in Venice we only saw one water taxi at the dock, so if someone else had taken that we'd have to wait for another to show up.

My hotel kindly offered their water taxi for a mere €220. They did mention I could get one at the dock for €70. Fortunately we're not staying a hotel on the canal problem list or subject to fog warnings. The convenience is worth the extra cost compared to a vaperetto.