Please sign in to post.

Venice to Rovinj

We are planning to spend a few days in Venice in September and would like to visit Trieste and Rovinj in Croatia and then return to Venice. We considered taking the ferry from Venice to Rovinj one way and then travel to from Rovinj to Trieste by bus and Trieste to Venice by train. The reviews of the ferry service are not very positive. We have used the train between Venice and Trieste in the past and it is very efficient. Can anyone tell us about the bus service between Rovinj and Trieste. Is it frequent, reliable and how long is the trip.

Posted by
353 posts

Hi Joe,

I haven't taken the bus from Rovinj to Trieste, but several years ago I took the bus from Koper, Slovenia to Trieste, which is along the same route. It was pretty uneventful as far as I remember and I didn't have any problems buying the ticket on the spot. It appears there are 2 bus companies connecting Rovinj and Trieste, twice daily. The trip takes about 2 hours and costs 90 Kuna ($14 U.S.). Neither company has schedules for September posted yet, but you can look at a random day next month to get an idea of the schedule, checking back a month before your trip to see if schedules have changed at all.
Brioni Pula - www.brioni.hr/en-us/home.aspx and
Crnja Bus - www.crnja-tours.hr/index.php?id_page=496&lan=1

I've taken the Venezia Lines boat from Venice to Rovinj and didn't have any issues - http://www.venezialines.com/schedules
There's one boat a day, Wednesday-Sunday in September. See website for schedule.