Please sign in to post.

Venice to Munich

This late April we are planning to fly from NYC to Venice and spend maybe 3 days, daytrip to Verona and from there take the train to Munich, and fly out of Munich. Are we crazy? Any thoughts? What to do in Munich? Thank you oh experienced travelers.

Posted by
32222 posts

joy, That's a very reasonable Itinerary. In the same situation, I'd probably spend one night in Verona after leaving Venice, as the trip from there to Munich is a relatively easy 5H:26M (direct, no changes). What to do in Munich - that's a fairly difficult question to answer, without having some idea on your interests. How many days will you be spending there? Some of the "usual suggestions"..... > Marienplatz and Hofbrauhaus > Day trip to Füssen and Neushwanstein > Day trip to Dachau > Walking tours of Munich > Visit to the extensive Deutsches Museum I'd suggest checking the Guidebooks to find sightseeing options that interest you. Note that the Germany 2011 Guidebook is now on sale for $17.65, as is the Snapshot Munich & Bavaria book at $7.65 - a bargain! Happy travels!

Posted by
441 posts

In addition to Ken's suggestions I'd spend a lot of time picnicing in the English Garden.