Please sign in to post.

Venice to Florence

Hi,

I have been looking for an unencumbered way to get from Venice to Florence on 22 Sep.. Based on what I am seeing ion the trenitalia website, I will have a minimum of 2 transfers, one being a bus. No thanks! What other options do you suggest and am I missing something on the train website?

Posted by
3812 posts

Because of Covid, Trenitalia puts on sale the high speed trains tickets in 90 days blocks.

Italotreno took a similar decision: they run 8 direct trains a day on that line, but today they do not sell tickets for the trains running after September 13.

Posted by
598 posts

You might be a little early trying to find tickets for that date.
I checked in ITALIARAIL for August 18 and saw direct tickets for $59.
I was getting the same result you saw for Sep. 22.

Posted by
15838 posts

dreldas, if you want an idea of what will likely become available to you, search the Trenitalia site for the same day of the week as Sept. 22nd (Wed.) but in July. While there may be some changes between that schedule and when all trains are posted for the date you want in Sept, you'll see that there are currently no-stop "fast" trains running between Venezia S. Lucia and Firenze S.M. Novella stations nearly every hour. Journey takes 2 hr, 13 minutes.

Check Italotreno as well as they usually have competitive rates, although currently they are running fewer trains between those two stations. The trains for the 3 departure times they're running currently on Wed, July 14th have non-refundable tickets available for "smart" carriages for 39.90 €.

https://www.italotreno.it/en

Posted by
3136 posts

And, only buy your tickets directly from Trenitalia or Italotreno.
The train takes about 2 hours or so, with no changes.