Please sign in to post.

Venice to Cinque Terre

What is the quickest route to Cinque Terre from Venice? I found the Rail Europe site and reviewed the Frecciargento. It stops in Florence at the Firence Novella.
Question? I have 23 minutes to get to the Trenitalia train to La Spezia Centrale. Can I make it??? Is it in the same area?

Posted by
20254 posts

Go to http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en
That will show all the options, times, transfers, costs.
Remember that you must use Italian city names. Venezia, not "Venice", and you must pick a specific town in the Cinque Terre.

Posted by
11 posts

Yes, From Venezia to La Spezia. I'm concerned about the 23 minutes from one train to the other. Can I make the connection in that amount of time.

Posted by
11 posts

Thank YOU! It's $20.00 cheaper! Booking it! From there I still have to take a train to Montersso al Mare! Have you stayed in any of the little towns? I am planning on hiking through them all and I'm not sure which one is best to have as my "home" . Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted by
20254 posts

Yes, 23 minutes at Firenze SMN should be a very comfortable change. Actual walking time is maybe 5 minutes.

Posted by
3812 posts

If you are going to Monterosso al Mare, why don't you just buy a through ticket from Venezia S. Lucia to Monterosso al Mare (not Monterosso Marche) on trenitalia.com?

Trying to make the site's job makes things more complicate, in this case you missed there is a slightly-longer-but-easier route via Milan: only one train change, reserved seats all the way to Monterosso.