Please sign in to post.

Venice- Summer 2018 apartment rental

I'm looking for suggestions for an apartment rental in Venice next summer for 5 adults and 2 kids.

Can you make a recommendation? What's your favorite service? Why?

Thanks!

Posted by
1025 posts

You are WAYYYY too early to book places. Most of the booking sites won't even take reservations this far in advance. Start looking about 6 months before your trip. The prices will be better and your itinerary will be more developed.

Posted by
4570 posts

How many bathrooms? The main sites like TripAdvisor, vrbo, Airbnb will take reservations.

Posted by
7504 posts

We've had the most satisfaction with Home Away (and their companion organization VRBO (Vacation Rentals By Owner). Several years ago, we got a great price for a fantastic rental for 3 people in the Arsenale neighborhood, and presumably you can find suitable apartments for a larger group, too.

Posted by
4 posts

@Tom_MN- As many as possible! ;) At least two- three would be better- four seems a little extravagant but...

Posted by
1327 posts

Last week we stayed 3 nights in San Simeon Apartments in Castello and were very satisfied. We has the top apartment with a view over the lagoon. It was only for two people (and maybe a very small child) but if you book early you might be able to get all four apartments.

We had to collect the keys at Ca Nigra Hotel near the station, but you can send one person to do that while the rest goes directly to Castello.

Posted by
261 posts

Booking an apartment a year in advance in Venice is quite common. Most agencies allow booking several years in advance. If you wait too long, your favorite property could disappear.

Here's my advice:

Decide how many beds you need. Make sure you differentiate between a bed and a sofa-bed. Decide on whether you must have air conditioning or an elevator (lift). Decide on the neighborhood. Pick a reputable rental service. Enjoy the research.

Posted by
7504 posts

You know what, although we've used HomeAway/VRBO with great success on several home and apartment stays around Europe, for our 2 visits to Venice, I just now remembered that we actually used Vacanze en Famiglia ( http://www.vacanzeinfamiglia.it/?lang=en ). For Venice, they're the way to go!

Posted by
3 posts

I went through http://www.viewsonvenice.com/ which I believe I found through Home Away. I can speak to Views on Venice, and say that it was an excellent experience. We got off the vaperetto, and met with a representative. It was a very pleasant experience.

I have also used Home Away, though not in Venice, but I think the experience would be similar. It's also NOT too early to book a place in most cases. I just booked two apartment in Varenna for Sept 2018.