Please sign in to post.

Venice Restaurant

So I am looking into some restaurants for our trip this coming June. I am looking at some of Rick's recommendations. I was looking into Trattoria da Bepi in Venice due to it being in Rick's book. I was amazed to see it had some pretty atrocious reviews. Then I came across a couple that said don't confuse it with the restaurant with the same name nearby.

Have people run into this in Italy? Is it something to be on the watch for? Such as a couple restaurants with the same name? Just curious if this is one instance or if people have noticed it as well.

Thanks

Posted by
11353 posts

It is now called Bepi Antico and is on Salizada Pistor. (Rick’s 2019 book called it Trattoria da Bepi.) We ate there years ago (2016 or 2017) and we were underwhelmed.

I highly recommend Antico Calice based on recent experience. Reservations a must and they do take reservations by email.

Posted by
3812 posts

Bepi may be the most common first name in Venice, but the 2 restaurants' names are not the same. The One close to the Tre Archi Bridge is called Osteria da Bepi, the place close to the Guglie Bridge is a trattoria, Trattoria da Bepi. Like Joe's Pizza and Joe's Diner & Bar in Manhattan, is it something to be on the watch for?

Everything is nearby in central Venice, but not all Italian cities are so small.

Posted by
119 posts

Good to know. I was just going off of reviews. I have Rick's book from 2020 so hopefully that is updated.

Posted by
2304 posts

hey hey brandon
i really like ristorante da nino on the grand canal across train station. love their tiramisu, pizza and champagne. sat under the umbrellas outside and watching the world go by people watching.
ciccheteria venexiana da luca e fred
in cannaregio on main alley near our apartment
crepes house by pepe
fondamenta de giobbe, one man show making crepes
bacaro jazz club
was a meet up bar with people on a greek cruise, bras hanging from ceiling and walls. fun bar and good food
streaty.com
street food tours of venice
eatwith.com/ venice
many different tours, cooking classes, lunch/dinner in someone's residence
ristorante rio novo pesce
"best" seafood restaurant on the canal near taxi piazzale roma
monicacesarato.com
native of venice that does some tours that may interest you
eatingeurope.com/ blog/ 10 best venice eats
every one has their own favorite places and things to eat. just a few things and places to think about
aloha