Please sign in to post.

Venice Passes

We (4 seniors over 65) will be in Venice in May for three days. I have spent a long time researching the various city passes, and am still not clear on which is the best value! I would appreciate comments about successful and worthwhile passes. We will, of course take advantage of the 3-day transportation deal.

I haven't seen any Viator packages show up! Are they gone? "Get Your Guide" looks suspiciously familiar! :)

Also, I see that the various passes offered on "Headout" are "not available". Are they still in business?

Help!!! Thanks!

Posted by
11280 posts

What passes are you considering? We have never used a pass in any city over many many trips abroad, most are not useful or cost effective.

Posted by
41 posts

We usually purchase this type of pass only in the bigger, more touristy cities, like Paris.
Yes, thank you, that particular pass looks good. On the short list! :)

Posted by
6578 posts

The only non-vaporetto pass I've used is the combo ticket for the Correr Museum and the Doge's Palace. I don't recall whether it saved money, but it saved time by buying it at the Correr and avoiding the long line at the Doge's. That may not longer be a factor if they're using timed entry now.

Posted by
6270 posts

To determine the best one for you, you have to do the math
We’ve never found those passes to be a savings other than our first visit to Florence when the Firenze Card was a good deal for us.
Now that you need to book timed entries to almost all major sites there aren’t really any skip the line benefits
However we do always get a length of stay vaporetto pass, that is a real money saver

Posted by
41 posts

This is great input, folks! Thanks! We have a friend who works in Venice who says that the VeniceUnica pass is good value. But we still are thinking about this! Any further comments and suggestions are most welcome? And yes…as vaparetto 3-day pass is on our “to buy” list!

Posted by
32976 posts

The Chorus Pass is a great entry to many churches.

Posted by
2202 posts

I was looking at the Doges Palace website for tickets and the way I read it, the ticket is good for any time on the selected day. I hope I’m reading it correctly.