Please sign in to post.

Venice or Rome first ?

Hey guys I will be in Switzerland and I will be going to Both Venice and Rome question is what city should go to first ? Guessing Rome might be easier but after I visit Italy I will be heading back to the states. I think in order for me to leave Italy I will have to leave from Rome correct ?

Posted by
32830 posts

Flights from Venice connect elsewhere in Europe or the UK for North American destinations, so the flights out of Venice tend to be very early in the day which makes getting to Marco Polo airport a bit difficult for many. Flights from Rome tend not to be quite so early.

Your profile doesn't say where you are from or answers could be more specific.

Because of the very early flights from Venice, many -me too- suggest starting with Venice and ending with Rome.

Posted by
987 posts

How are you getting from Switzerland to either place in Italy? To me, it seems most logical to go to Venice first, then Rome, but your type of transportation might affect which is easier. Like the previous poster said, you can fly out of Venice, but in most cases it will be easier to fly out of Rome when heading back to the US. It might be a good idea to go to some flight website and put in flight home from both Venice and Rome on the dates you want to fly to compare options.