Please sign in to post.

Venice Marco Polo Airport

Hello! Has anyone arrived at Marco Polo at midnight? If so, what services did you use to get from the airport to Venice?

I’m seeing that most of the transfers end at 12. I did find a company Get By Transfers offering services but I’m not sure how late they run.

Thank you

Posted by
4985 posts

We came in at 11pm once. Decided to taxi (20euros - surcharge for late hours) to Marriott Courtyard that was five minutes away. Why pay big bucks for that night? Also, many hotels in old town Venice don't have late check -in.
Worked out well, slept, showered, then took bus #5, right outside hotel, to Piazza Roma, and bought Vaporetto pass for our stay at the more expensive hotel.
Have a great trip.

Posted by
16676 posts

Pat has an excellent suggestion. You will be tired and just need a good night’s sleep. No point in paying lots of time and €€€ to get to a hotel in Venice for that night.

Posted by
6617 posts

My experience was like Pat's, a taxi to the nearby Annia Park Hotel, where I'd made a reservation. I was ready to crash after two flights with a long LHR layover. The next morning I slept late and took a hotel shuttle back to VCE, where I got a bus ticket and vaporetto pass, reaching Venice at midday.