Please sign in to post.

Venice itinerary

Considering a few things to do when we are in Venice for 2 days in May. If we are choosing between Doges and a trip to Murano with glass blowing, which would you recommend. Travelling with 4 people. 2 adults in 50's and 2 in their early 20's

Posted by
513 posts

It depends on what you like to do. If history and art, choose the Doges Palace. If shopping on an island, then Murano. The glass blowing is interesting, but I don't think I'd choose it over the spectacular palace. Is it really either/or?

Posted by
98 posts

If you go to Murano, be prepared for a hard sell. You have to walk through the shop and are strongly "encouraged" to buy. That's a turnoff for me so it wouldn't be my preference, but if you're really interested in glassblowing/shopping it might be worth it to you.

I would not miss the Doges' Palace if it really is an either/or.

Posted by
101 posts

Be prepared for a very touristy day when you trip to Murano. No deals. There is nothing there you cannot buy in Venice. If you have a burning desire to see the glass blowing yes, please go. If you want to see handmade lace production, go to Burano. Most of the time these two islands are done together. Remember you have only two days and there is a bunch to see in Venice. It's not a lot of time.

Posted by
280 posts

With just 2 days in Venice i would stay in Venice, Doge's Palace.

Posted by
4877 posts

I love Murano (and Burano) as days trips from Venice. However, If this is your first visit, and you only have two days, then save them for another trip. Visit the Doge's Palace and then get "lost" on the back streets.