Please sign in to post.

Venice Italy

We (my family of 5) will be flying into Venice in April to head out on a Royal Caribbean Crusie. We land in Venice at 10:00 a.m. and the ship sails at 5 p.m. Do you know if the cruise ship/customs will allow us to check our bags onto the ship and then go site seeing? We obviously do not want to walk around Venice carting suitcases but do not know what to do with them from 11:00 - 4:00 +/-
Also, we did not book travel with the cruise so our transfer from airport to port is up to us. Do you have any suggestions? The cruise ship will allow us to pay $66 r/t per person and use their service - but I didn't know if that was a good deal or not. My parents are 71 years old - so I do want to consider their comfort.

Posted by
7209 posts

What happens if your flight into Venice is delayed...like ours was delayed last year. We almost missed the first entire day of Venice being stranded in the Charlotte airport by USAirways.

Posted by
536 posts

Sherri - You can check your bags in at the ship as early as you want on that day and then go see the City. Do it on your own - much less expensive!!
Steve - you're always right !! lol

Greg (And I'm the guy that works with the ships)

Posted by
2 posts

That's a chance we are going to have to take -- tickets from JFK to Venice are on the exact flight the cruise line is booking the other customers. So hopefully - if anything goes 'awry' we can tag along with whomever they send the rest of the people with to catch the ship. Yes it will be out of our pocket - but I think we'll be okay. If not...I'll post the nightmare results when we get back stateside for all to enjoy =)