Please sign in to post.

Venice Italy

While in Germany we are visiting Venice in December. Hoping for less crowds! Reading through the comments we already selected our B&B so thanks for the tips! Now I like to get some idea's for some restaurants of the beaten path. I love seafood dislike pasta .Husband loves pasta dislikes seafood lol. We don't mind fine dining and splurging one time but we also like holes in the wall if they have great food. Thanks for any tips

Posted by
27217 posts

Where are you staying? That will help target restaurant suggestions.

It's a rare restaurant that doesn't have both seafood and pasta, so I think you won't have difficulty finding places you both enjoy.

Posted by
4896 posts

In the Rialto Bridge area there is a great place for lunch. I prefer lunch to dinner there as it's a bit pricey in the evening. The name is Trattoria Da Marco Valla Fava and it's located on Calle Stagneri. Some of the best sea food ever!! Try to eat inside rather than outside. The place has been around at least 50 years so they must be doing it right. Google it and see what you think. Using google maps street view will lead you right to it. If that doesn't work, let me know and I can give some directions.

Posted by
332 posts

Thank you for the restaurant tip it looks very nice. Made a reservation !

Posted by
8714 posts

Al Covo. Osteria da Alberto, Osteria B Vita Or get lost, meander and you’ll find something.

Posted by
5232 posts

Susanne,
I’m bookmarking this thread for future reference.

Just wondering…. What’s the name of the B&B you’ve selected?

Thanks!

Posted by
313 posts

We liked Osteria Antico Giardinetto. We ended up eating here twice last month on our 5 day visit.