Please sign in to post.

venice hotels

pre cruise Venice... 2 days. Need a hotel. Leaving on Royal Caribbean in Septmeber for Venice. Thanks

Posted by
4152 posts

What's your budget and what type of hotel are you looking for? How many will be in the room? How much luggage will you have? Donna

Posted by
2788 posts

Lots of suggestions/recommendations starting on Page 237 of RS Venice Guide Book 2012 which I am now using to find a place to stay in September. You can order that book elsewhere on this web site.

Posted by
1626 posts

We stayed at Best Windows. More of a gorgeous venecian hotel suite in an apartment building, than a true hotel or B&B, but it's in the clock tower, with an awesome view over Piazza San Marco. When all of Rick's 3 star recommended hotels were booked, I found this on trip advisor. Everything said on trip advisor is spot on. I had three criteria for a Venice hotel-spacious, a view of something, and a room decocated in the "venecian" style. Short walk to the Vapperato.
We would definitely stay there again if in Venice.

Posted by
34 posts

Last July we stayed in Hotel Al Leon (hotelalleon.com). It was conveniently located a short walk from San Zaccaria vaporetto stop. It is located on a small square with several restaurants nearby and only a 5 to 10 minute walk to St. Mark's square. The rooms were very clean and nicely appointed and very reasonable for Venice with a Steve's and cash discount. The breakfast was good. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast room is on the 3rd floor (American) up a VERY steep set of stairs. My mother was with us and has trouble with stairs, they offered to bring her breakfast to her room! We were traveling with teenagers and their room was on the top floor but our room and my mother's was on the 2nd (American) floor...up just a few steps. I'd definitely stay there again.

Posted by
3 posts

We always stay at Hotel Riva, a 3 minute walk from San Marco Piazza. It was in the older Rick Steves books, but I have not seen it lately. Great location, friendly staff and reasonable prices for Venice. $120-$140 per night including breakfast for a double room.